Saturday, January 10, 2009

To All Who Knows Theology

Yes, if you know anything about it, kindly read down...

And yes, any theology...

Before the year 2008 ended, I kinda opened a conversation with some guys having their masters degree at the Asia Pacific Theological Seminary, while having breakfast, I asked them about what they think of "transferring from one denomination to another", preferably...from being a Nazarene to being a Southern Baptist.

I've been serving in a Southern Baptist church for more than a year now in a choir and in the ensemble group. My Nazarene pastors knows it and yes...they have questioned my loyalty...

If a church is a "body of believers" those who sincerely accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, how does Christology and Theology play a role in a "church"?

I have heard that if your Christology is WRONG...then everything you believe is WRONG!

I remembered when I was in high school, i left church because I think the people that I meet every Sunday were wearing masks...i know that we ought not to check on somebody else's heart, but maybe I was just in the point when I tried asking and seeking the TRUTH.

Everybody seemed...perfect, holy, and.."born-again" but at the end of the day, they take off their masks and live a different life.

I remember a song that I used to sing in the Southern Baptist church:

"Oh may all who come before us find us faithful,
May the light of our devotion LIGHT THEIR WAY,
May the footprints that we leave...LEAD THEM TO BELIEVE,
And the lives we live INSPIRE THEM TO OBEY,
Oh may all who come before us FIND US FAITHFUL..."

And as I was singing this, I've asked myself if somebody did find me faithful...

Honestly, when I was still the one "who came before" I didn't find those who were ahead of me...faithful, and that's very frustrating!

If transferring from one denomination to another is a question of THEOLOGY...please...enlighten me...

Am I discontented? (Maybe...)
Am I bitter? (I don't think I am...)

I am just basically wanting to know more of what a church should be...

I believe that it should be a gathering of the broken, the humble and not of the proud, the helpless and those who place their hope in the One who SAVES...

What do you believe?

Are we who proclaim to be born-again Christians really are walking in the Light? Or are we just being soooo religious? Are we even real in what we say we are?

Help...

1 comments:

Mindanaoan Driver said...

Hello Jason,

I am attending a AOG church here in Manila. I am half catholic-half baptist but I settled on by telling people I am simply a 'Born - Again Christian' who accepts people equally even if we go to different churches.

Denomination is a worldly thing. Jesus didn't come here to divide us but to unite us. It's hard to think theology, but I strengthen myself that the Bible is my one and only authority in life.

When I accepted Christ in my life wholeheartedly. It doesn't matter anymore whether there is a church band or just a choir, or the preacher makes me drowsy or something else. It's my devotion to Jesus that makes me do what is right.

Hope it will give you some enlightenment that religion/theology is no greater than our relationship with God. Praying for you bro.

-Sandre Roque
http://3739blog.blogspot.com