Sunday, January 4, 2009

Nostalgia...getting over it!

The holidays are over, i'm sitting here in my office chair, staring at my computer. I celebrated Christmas at home well, not really celebrated I just slept all night for some reasons that when i woke up for noche buena I kinda got edgy and decided to sleep the whole night and wake up at 3am to sing at church for the Christmas Dawn Service. Here's a video of me singing Mary Did You Know...



This was taken during the 530am service at church the Ensembles where I'm one of the members were singing just before everybody uttered their first prayer probably on Christmas Day.

It was different this time, I think there was more freedom in my self that I got to celebrate the holiday the way I WANT IT and not the way the world would think of it to be celebrated. I got to be reunited with two of my closest friends...Glen and Ruel they even brought a missionary friend of theirs who is also their classmate in the seminary who is by the way from Ohio, USA...Jarrett Davis. I must confess that at first it's kinda awkward seeing them after so many years for Ruel and months for Glen.

A day from their arrival I decided to meet them at last along with some of my friends in church.

After meeting them at Port Cafe, Gaisano Mall, I treated them over for coffee at Blugre, Landco Bldg. I had Jarrett try the Durian Coffee and we all had a great time together...felt like they never left! *sigh*

So here I am, being EMO and nostalgic, pouring everything to writing which I think would help even for a slightest bit. After Christmas, I was able to participate in our youth's camp, which swarmed with young people from the East Mindanao district. I didn't hang out at home most of the holidays, I just like out in the streets or in somebody elses house, and for me it was fun.

New Year's eve came, attended prayer meeting to at least let God know that I badly need His help for the coming year, another year, another walk with my God. Seeing my friends after that night, I decided to spend the New Year at JB's place since there were just two of them in there house, his parents are working in Saudi Arabia and weren't able to go home for Christmas and celebrate with them during the New Year. Ruel and Jarrett celebrated the holidays with Glen's family and some relatives.

New Year came, sent everyone dear to me a text message saying my appreciation, and for relationships that I really find hard to reciprocate. Leaving for Manila on the 2nd day of the year...I was afraid I will be losing them for God knows how long!

We all spent their last day in Davao till we couldn't have enough, ate our last dinner together, ate durian together for the last time, IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE LAST TIME..and that...well s*ckd!

Brushing off my thoughts of the "last time", I enjoyed every moment of it. I just wished I was able to stop time and make them stay longer...longer...and another longer.

The dreaded day came...January 2, 2009. They are leaving...it can't be stopped. They like stayed here for 10 days and for us it wasn't enough, really not enough.

We stayed at Glen's house to help them prepare their stuff and probably hangout out with them till then leave and go back to Manila. Just being inside that house with them tears me apart. I kinda get really emotionally attached to people easily, the problem is i find it hard to reciprocate that's why when they all go...painful!

My friends and I got in the car of Glen's brother and head to the harbor, upon arriving, we all hugged eached other, hoping it wasn't the last of it...

then...silence filled the air...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*teary*

Thanks for the wonderful time spent together, you are more than appreciated not because of the treats you have given us but most of all because of the warmth of your brotherly love you have given us while we were there. We got the same feeling too after walking inside the wharf and getting into the ship and then even after arriving here.
Indeed, wala ta kabalo when na pud ta magkita, but what confidence we have in the Lord, assuring us all na always, we are united in the bond of His love. You inspire us to love others as well in the way you have showed your love towards us. Keep it up out there. God bless you always tata. :)

aDmiral said...

The treats are nothing, it is a joy to see you and Ruel all over again, and knowing Jarrett for the first time. I don't know what you mean by "the way i love others" but I just want to express my self in a way i know how, no strings attached, i don't know how much time i have left here on earth so, i need to let the people know that i care about and love that I do care and love them... You guys made my holiday celebration special...

i'll forever miss you guys till the day we meet again...

Mindanaoan Driver said...

I love this song... Nice performance by the way. :D

Unknown said...

Sigh.... and what a wonderful 10 days that was. I'm actaully, here laying on my couch here in Ohio, being nostalgic about last Christmas. I couldn't have ask for better company over the holiday season. There was no point at which I felt that I was far from home.

Thanks for being the awesome guy that you are!

Unknown said...

Sigh.... and what a wonderful 10 days that was. I'm actaully, here laying on my couch here in Ohio, being nostalgic about last Christmas. I couldn't have ask for better company over the holiday season. There was no point at which I felt that I was far from home.

Thanks for being the awesome guy that you are!