Friday, July 23, 2010

50

Yesterday, I was in a tricycle on my way to work I had 100 peso bill, last money I had, that I used to pay for the ride from home. The driver gave me back 73 peso worth of change that I slipped in my pocket then hurried my way in to the seminary.

During lunch, I used the sum of money I had in my pocket to buy lunch. It was about 75 pesos for the food and 9 pesos for my drinks. When I was done eating, the lady in the dinning hall called my attention and told me that I gave a fake 50 peso bill!

As I was thinking about it, 50 percent of what I gave came back to me...fake. Even though it's not as much as a fake 500 peso bill which could've been devastating, still it was what it was. I asked my self how come I wasn't able to notice it. It was very bright red, the original bill was lighter, it only had one letter in the serial number when there should be 2. The hidden image of the hero in the bill was different, he looked funny and had a lot of hair on his face. Amused by what I was seeing, then I began asking and thinking...deeper.

I began asking my self these questions, "how real am I?", "Is there even a speck of fakefulness hiding in me?", "does my search for authenticity reflect that I am not being real my self?", or "how much truth do I believe in my self and to others?".

How much fakeness do you have? How much is real?

1 comments:

Knowing Christ Deeper said...

thanks ta for sharing your testimony and I'm so blessed with it and leads me to think how vulnerable and we are apart from the presence of GOD. May we continue to live a life that glorify God the most. Amen!