Friday, August 15, 2008

The Ensembles

en·sem·ble
n.
  1. A unit or group of complementary parts that contribute to a single effect, especially:
    1. A coordinated outfit or costume.
    2. A coordinated set of furniture.
    3. A group of musicians, singers, dancers, or actors who perform together: an improvisational theater ensemble; a woodwind ensemble.
    4. A work for two or more vocalists or instrumentalists.
    5. The performance of such a work.
  2. Music
    1. A work for two or more vocalists or instrumentalists.
    2. The performance of such a work.
After all of the rehearsals and silly moments at the Golden Palace Hotel in Tagum City, we finally had our first break, to sing in a wedding! We never really had enough time practicing all the songs, we practiced some of the songs during our stay at the hotel. We call ourselves The Ensembles, we sing in the funerals, weddings, birthdays, any occasion you want us to appear and sing, we would be pleased to serve you through our voices. The group is composed of people who can sing in Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass (SATB). Ms. Lalai sings the soprano, Miss Joy sings the alto, I sing the tenor, and John sings the bass though he sings tenor really and we wouldn't be singing without our pianist, Kuya Levi.

The wedding was held at the CAP Auditorium in Tagum City and so as the reception. When the wedding started I sang I Will be Here as the bride marches the aisle and as she approaches her "soon to be" husband waiting in the altar. We sang a lot of songs really during the wedding ceremony Mis Lalai sang Ikaw, Miss Joy sang Father We Commit to You, Miss Joy and I sang The Gift, and the most challenging song I ever sang but always thought of singing...The Prayer, a duet with Miss Lalai, too bad we weren't able to capture it on video maybe if we obtain a copy of the wedding's video coverage I could post it here and see how I was able to do it. We also sang together during the reception when the bride and the groom danced in front of the people.


The Ensembles

The above video was taken during our stay at the Golden Palace Hotel, Ate Lalai was practicing her piece, Ikaw, Joy and I were doing some interpretation of the song just being silly coz the song makes me yawn and feel sleepy but Ate Lalai really has a good voice that even made the song more like a lullaby! We have more wacky videos during our rehearsal at the hotel and if you want to check our own community site you may as well do so by going here to get a glimpse of our past, present and future engagements!

Now for some photos...

This is our picture together with the other wedding coordinators and the newly weds!


Joy and I are practicing our duet, The Gift.

(from left) Joy, Kuya Levi, and Ate Lalai

We were pretending shooting a new teleserye

A hostage crisis!

Ate Lalai took a crystal glass!!! "I didn't see anything..."

A rock star wanna-be.

The Ensembles
John, Joy, Me, Ate Lalai, & Kuya Levi

Singing You..."You are the one who makes me happy..."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're really living my dream admiral. I really want to sing, sadly God didn't grant me that talent. Until now I don't know what is my talent. Weird... Anyway, someday I'll hire The Ensembles. Hopefully not for funeral.^_^

Anonymous said...

Whew! So you've got hidden talent Admiral. Well maybe not hidden. It's just me not having seen you sing.:D I didn't really think you could sing. I mean I always thought of singing and programming as sort of incomplementary. Haha. I've never known any programmer who could sing. Hehehe. Well that's so talented of you. Keep it up!:D

aDmiral said...

@Himura: don't flatter me haha!sure just lemme know when and where the singing engagement will be and we'll sing for you :) but you have to sing with me too...

@Dane:hehe i think you already saw me sing during last years Christmas Party at the Water World resort, Aice even blogged about it. Thanks Dane!

If both of you get wed, i'd like to sing for you guys...(i wanted to sing at your anniversary actually, but Himura never thought of a romantic dinner :-P)

Anonymous said...

No unfortunately haven't seen you sing on that party. Or maybe I forgot.;) Thanks for the offer admiral. That's so nice of you! :D Sure we'll be glad to hear you sing on our wedding. But I think that would be 10 years from now. Hehehe. We don't really talk seriously about getting married yet. We're just so happy for what we are now... :D

bevs said...

tsarr! you can sing pala? hmmn..nice..I'll ask glennux to hire you on our wedding day soon, nyahehehe ^_^

Anonymous said...

hehehe. I didn't know na nagakanta pud diay mo ni babo specially in true wedding.. hehehe. you're using your talent well. hehehe. singing and Programming awesome keep it up.. hehehe. but can't imagine you both sing in wedding wow awesome.. specially babo. hehehe just kidding.